It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
When visiting a cemetery, including Restlawn Memory Gardens.LLC, remember to respect your surroundings. Below you will find some of the basics of cemetery etiquette.
1. Follow Restlawn Memory Gardens.LLC rules. There are signs posted throughout the grounds. You can also stop by our office for a copy of our Rules & Regulations, and ask any questions you might have.
2. Follow the roadways and drive slowly, remain off the grass. Watch out for people who may not be paying attention.
3. If you bring children, keep them nearby and don’t let them play on any of the monuments. This is not only disrespectful, but may cause damage to the stone.
4. No running or rolling around on the ground. A cemetery is not a playground and should not be treated as such.
5. Remember to keep your voices down. This is a sanctuary for others, so do your best not to disturb them.
6. Don’t use your cell phone or car stereo while on the grounds. Sounds tend to carry in open spaces.
7. Don’t touch any monuments or gravestones, unless you have permission to do so. Some older memorials fall apart under the slightest touch.
8. Never remove anything from a grave. Family members leave flowers, coins, shells, toys, stones and other artifacts. They are not to be touched or taken.
7. If a graveside service is taking place, consider (if possible) making another visit at another time. And do your best not to get in the way of a procession.
9. Don’t leave any trash behind in the cemetery. Litter shows disrespect to others who come to visit ABC Cemetery, as well as our caretakers. If you find litter please be helpful and remove it.
10. If it’s not against the rules and you bring your pet, keep them on a leash. And this may go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: clean up after them.
If any of these rules are unclear to you, or you feel that we haven't touched upon an area of personal concern to you, feel free to call us at (304) 658-4411. Naturally, if you are on the grounds and would like to speak with us about any of our cemetery rules, stop by the office to discuss the issue with one of our staff members.